Welcome, Class of 2023!
Welcome to the Class of 2023! The day is drawing nearer when you will first walk through the doors of 44 East 68th Street as a D.A. Freshman. We can't wait to welcome you, and to begin this journey. In preparation for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit this page for general information that will facilitate your transition to high school at Dominican Academy.
Be sure to join us for New Student Orientation on Wednesday, May 15th from 4:30-6:30 PM!
During New Student Registration on March 7th, be sure to turn in copies of all the forms below. Not sure if you've already turned it in? Contact our Admissions Office.
- Registration Form and Passport-Sized Photograph of the student
- Transportation Form for those students residing within the five boroughs of New York City. If you live outside of New York City (i.e. Long Island, New Jersey, Westchester, etc.), please contact our Registrar to facilitate processing of LIRR and Metro North student forms.
- Metro North Student Forms will be distributed at Orientation and must be returned to the Registrar no later than August 1st.
- Long Island Railroad forms must be obtained directly from an LIRR station or from Penn Station.
- Immunization Records should be submitted to the Registrar during Registration on March 7th.
- New Student Health Examination Form: The student must get a physical exam between April 1st and the beginning of school in September. This form can be submitted at your earliest convenience, or by the first day of school at the latest.
- Course Selection for 9th Grade: Please refer to the sheet distributed at Registration to indicate preferences for 9th grade Language and Math courses. This form should be returned no later than Orientation on May 15th.
D.A. SUMMER CONNECTION, June 24-28th, 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM--Our popular camp for incoming 9th and rising 8th graders returns this summer! Explore different cultural landmarks in NYC, and hone your critical reading, writing, and technological skills with D.A. as your guide. Each day, students will visit a cultural or historic landmark and participate in workshops, activities, and classes taught by members of the D.A. faculty. Past visits have included the Morgan Library, Museum of Natural History, South Street Seaport, and more! The program will take place from Monday, June 24th to Friday, June 28th from 8:30 AM to 3 PM. Early Bird pricing is in effect until April 30th! The program cost is $600 for the week (3/1/2019-4/30/2019) and $650 starting May 1st, so register early! Contact Madeleine Metzler, Director of Admissions, for more information at 212-744-0195, ext, 131 or email@example.com. Download a copy of the registration form by clicking here.
MATH FUNDAMENTALS, June 18-27th, 9:30 AM to 12 PM--Join your fellow classmates in this math course taught by the Algebra I teacher. Math FUNdamentals is designed for students who will take Algebra I in the 9th grade, and who wish to strengthen their math skills. The course takes place weekdays from June 18-27th between 9:30 AM and 12 PM. The cost for the program is $150. Please submit this payment as a check made to “Dominican Academy” no later than May 15, 2019.
When is the first day of school? The First Day of School will be announced at Orientation.
What should I bring? You should bring something to write with, a notebook, a snack, and some pocket money ($10) for the First Day of School. On that day, you will receive your planner, lots of forms, your class schedule, and your locker and lock.
What do I wear? Expect to wear your full Summer or Winter Uniform, including blazer. Details about the Freshman Welcome Mass and Picture Day will be included in the Beginning of School mailing.
What supplies do I need? Check below for a list of required supplies for Freshmen.
How will I get my uniform? Uniforms ordered during New Student Orientation (May 15, 2019) will be mailed to your home in August before the beginning of school. If you would like to order additional items or have questions about your order, please contact Flynn O'Hara Uniforms.
Uniforms ordered during New Student Orientation (May 15, 2019) will be mailed to your home in August before the beginning of school. If you would like to order additional items or have questions about your order, please contact Flynn O'Hara Uniforms.