Welcome, Class of 2022!
Welcome to the Class of 2022! The day is drawing nearer when you will first walk through the doors of 44 East 68th Street as a D.A. Freshman. We can't wait to welcome you, and to begin this journey. In preparation for the 2018-19 academic year, please visit this page for general information that will facilitate your transition to high school at Dominican Academy.
Be sure to join us for New Student Orientation on Wednesday, May 9th from 4:30-6:30 PM!
- The First Day of School
- Registration Materials and Forms
- Beginning of School FAQs
- Supply List
The Opening Day for Freshmen in the Class of 2022 is Thursday, September 6th. Students should report to school in full uniform (including blazer) for Orientation from 1-2:30 PM. We ask that students arrive no later than 12:45 PM so that we can take attendance and get started on time.
On the First Day, students will receive a copy of their schedule, a locker assignment, homeroom assignment, and a school lock (which must be purchased from the school for $10).
Freshmen must also report on Friday, September 7th for Orientation between 9 and 11 AM. Please wear the full uniform, including blazer.
There will be no cafeteria service until Tuesday, September 11th, so students must bring something to eat on Thursday, Friday, and Monday.
During New Student Registration on March 8th, be sure to turn in copies of all the forms below. Not sure if you've already turned it in? Contact our Admissions Office.
- Registration Form and Passport-Sized Photograph of the student
- Transportation Form for those students residing within the five boroughs of New York City. If you live outside of New York City (i.e. Long Island, New Jersey, Westchester, etc.), please contact our Registrar to facilitate processing of LIRR and Metro North student forms.
- Metro North Student Forms will be distributed at Orientation and must be returned to the Registrar no later than August 1st.
- Long Island Railroad forms must be obtained directly from an LIRR station or from Penn Station.
- Immunization Records should be submitted to the Registrar during Registration on March 8th.
- New Student Health Examination Form: The student must get a physical exam between April 1st and the beginning of school in September. This form can be submitted at your earliest convenience, or by the first day of school at the latest.
- Course Selection for 9th Grade: Please refer to the sheet distributed at Registration to indicate preferences for 9th grade Language and Math courses. This form should be returned no later than Orientation on May 9th.
When is the first day of school? The First Day of School is Thursday, September 6th.
What should I bring? You should bring something to write with, a notebook, a snack, and some pocket money ($10) for the First Day of School. On that day, you will receive your planner, lots of forms, your class schedule, and your locker and lock.
What do I wear? Expect to wear your full Summer or Winter Uniform, including blazer. Details about the Freshman Welcome Mass and Picture Day will be included in the Beginning of School mailing.
What supplies do I need? Check below for a list of required supplies for Freshmen.
How will I get my uniform? Uniforms ordered during New Student Orientation (May 9, 2018) will be mailed to your home in August before the beginning of school. If you would like to order additional items or have questions about your order, please contact Flynn O'Hara Uniforms.
ATHLETICS ORIENTATION: On Monday, August 13, 2018, a mandatory orientation meeting will be held for all sports to discuss the upcoming season and the school’s expectations and requirements. The meeting will be held at the offices of Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, 640 Fifth Avenue, 9th Floor (entrance on 51st Street). When you arrive, you will check in and indicate that you are there for the Dominican Academy meeting.
The times of the orientations are as follows:
Cross Country/Track--2:30 PM
VOLLEYBALL: Dominican Academy will offer a skills and conditioning training camp for all athletes trying out for the 2018 Varsity Volleyball Team. Any Freshmen or new students who wish to try out for the Volleyball Team are encouraged to participate in our camp from August 20th-23rd from 9 AM to 3 PM daily. Please click here for more information, and to register.
Tryouts for any student interested in playing Volleyball for the 2018-2019 year will take place on Friday, August 24th.
SOCCER: Soccer tryouts for all Freshmen and prospective new players will be held on August 20th and 21st from 4-6 PM. Interested students should meet in front of D.A. at 44 East 68th Street by 3:45 PM. Please bring cleats, shin guards, a soccer ball, and water.
Practices will be held the last week of August. Students who are chosen for the team will receive information on specific dates and practice times. Please bring cleats, shin guards, a soccer ball, and water.
CROSS COUNTRY: Check back soon!
Please contact our Athletic Director for more information, or for any sports not listed here.
Uniforms ordered during New Student Orientation (May 9, 2018) will be mailed to your home in August before the beginning of school. If you would like to order additional items or have questions about your order, please contact Flynn O'Hara Uniforms.