Welcome, Class of 2022!
**We are undergoing a Renovation during Summer 2018. After May 31, 2018 D.A.’s main phone line (212-744-0195), including all extensions, will NOT be active or available. Therefore, we urge you to use email as the primary form of contact. Our Admissions Director can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Welcome to the Class of 2022! The day is drawing nearer when you will first walk through the doors of 44 East 68th Street as a D.A. Freshman. We can't wait to welcome you, and to begin this journey. In preparation for the 2018-19 academic year, please visit this page for general information that will facilitate your transition to high school at Dominican Academy.
Be sure to join us for New Student Orientation on Wednesday, May 9th from 4:30-6:30 PM!
During New Student Registration on March 8th, be sure to turn in copies of all the forms below. Not sure if you've already turned it in? Contact our Admissions Office.
- Registration Form and Passport-Sized Photograph of the student
- Transportation Form for those students residing within the five boroughs of New York City. If you live outside of New York City (i.e. Long Island, New Jersey, Westchester, etc.), please contact our Registrar to facilitate processing of LIRR and Metro North student forms.
- Metro North Student Forms will be distributed at Orientation and must be returned to the Registrar no later than August 1st.
- Long Island Railroad forms must be obtained directly from an LIRR station or from Penn Station.
- Immunization Records should be submitted to the Registrar during Registration on March 8th.
- New Student Health Examination Form: The student must get a physical exam between April 1st and the beginning of school in September. This form can be submitted at your earliest convenience, or by the first day of school at the latest.
- Course Selection for 9th Grade: Please refer to the sheet distributed at Registration to indicate preferences for 9th grade Language and Math courses. This form should be returned no later than Orientation on May 9th.
When is the first day of school? This date will be announced at your New Student Orientation on May 9, 2018. In addition, you will receive a letter in the mail the last week of August with details on when to arrive and what to expect the first few days of school.
What should I bring? You should bring something to write with, a notebook, a snack, and some pocket money ($10) for the First Day of School. On that day, you will receive your planner, lots of forms, your class schedule, and your locker and lock.
What do I wear? Expect to wear your full Summer or Winter Uniform, including blazer. Details about the Freshman Welcome Mass and Picture Day will be included in the Beginning of School mailing.
What supplies do I need? Check below for a list of required supplies for Freshmen.
How will I get my uniform? Representatives from Flynn O'Hara uniform company will be present at the May 9th Orientation to measure and take orders for your new uniform. Flynn O'Hara will mail your order to your home by UPS over the summer.
Uniforms ordered during New Student Orientation (May 9, 2018) will be mailed to your home in August before the beginning of school. If you would like to order additional items or have questions about your order, please contact Flynn O'Hara Uniforms.