There’s never been a more exciting time to be a student at Dominican Academy! We are delighted to unveil the results of our first-ever building renovation, completed in Summer 2018. This project builds upon the tradition of excellence, elegance, and intimacy that characterize the D.A. experience, while laying a foundation for the future. Fresh spaces encourage camaraderie and collaboration among students and faculty members.
Over the Summers of 2017 and 2018, in partnership with CWB Architects and Structure Tone Contracting, Dominican Academy made the following improvements to our landmarked mansion, gaining 3,000+ square feet of usable space to enhance the footprint of Michael Friedsam’s Home:
- Refurbished classrooms in the Basement and on the Third, Fourth, and Fifth Floors, including two additional full-size classrooms, plus the Natalie Frankowski, ‘14 Dry Lab and Collaborative Classroom and a new Studio for the Performing Arts
- Our renewed Chapel ensures a dedicated sacred space for prayer & quiet meditation
- Enlarged student cafeteria accommodating over 75 students
- State-of-the-art security system and new Public Address system
- Expanded technology infrastructure throughout the building, with improved WiFi connectivity
All project plans were developed with and reviewed by our Board, faculty, and staff to ensure that the outcome maintains the friendly, welcoming, and unique spirit of Dominican Academy.