- Founded in 1897, Dominican Academy is a private, all-girls, Catholic, college preparatory school operated by the Dominican Sisters of Peace and lay staff. For over 120 years, D.A. has represented the very best in Catholic education for young women in New York City.
- Dominican Academy has been twice recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Our landmarked building, renovated over summers 2017 and 2018, balances old-school elegance with new, vibrant spaces and improved security.
- Located in an historic mansion on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, close to exciting cultural landmarks and easily accessible by the 4/5/6, E, F, and N/Q/R trains
- A diverse community of 230 students from all five boroughs, Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, and abroad. Over 40% of our students speak a language other than English at home.
- All Honors & Advanced Placement curriculum, with 13 Advanced Placement courses
- 100% of graduates attend accredited four-year colleges and universities. Graduates in our Class of 2018 averaged over $250,000 each in college scholarships and grants.
- Student-Faculty ratio of 8:1, with 90% of faculty holding at least one advanced degree
- Our unique Service Learning Program encourages students to engage in service and to understand the role of Faith in their lives.
- Over 35 clubs, including Animation Club, Campus Ministry, Girls Who Code, Literary Journal, Mock Trial, and Pre-Med Society
- We offer a well-rounded Performing Arts curriculum with required Drama, Music, and Dance classes. Students can choose from advanced arts electives, such as Intro to Modern Art, Advanced Drama, and Mind Body Conditioning. We also partner with The Frick Collection to offer sketching classes taught by museum professionals.
- Our expanded sports program offers intramural Tennis and the following Varsity sports: Basketball, Cross-Country, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Indoor and Outdoor Track, and Volleyball.
Sr. Margaret Ormond, O.P., '60, President
Dr. Leslie Poole Petit, P'14,'19, Principal
Jo Ann Fannon, '68, Registrar & Assistant to the Principal
Madeleine B. Metzler, '07, Director of Admissions
Br. James Simon, C.O., Director of Development
Katie Hennessy, '08, Associate Director of Development
Cindy Adlow, College Guidance
Sr. Margaret Ciccolella, O.P., Guidance
Tuition for 2019-2020: $18,300
One-Time Registration Fee: $200