- As a private Catholic college preparatory school, Dominican Academy’s classes are all honors or Advanced Placement level.
- 100% of each graduating class attends accredited four-year colleges and universities.
- With a total enrollment of 225 young women and 26 faculty members, a Student to Teacher ratio of 8 to 1 ensures an intimate learning environment.
- Dominican Academy is accredited by Middle States Association, and has been recognized twice as a “Blue Ribbon School of Excellence” by the U.S. Department of Education.
- D.A. offers 12 Advanced Placement (AP) courses - more than any other New York City Catholic Girls High School.
- National Merit Awards: 2 Members of the Class of 2017 have been identified as National Merit Scholars (top 3% nationally) and 1 is a National Merit Semi-Finalist (top 1% nationally)
- Founded in 1897, Dominican Academy is a private, all-girls, Catholic, college preparatory school operated by the Dominican Sisters of Peace and lay staff. For 120 years, D.A. has represented the very best in Catholic education for young women in New York City.
- Our students travel from all five boroughs, Westchester county, Long Island, New Jersey, and Connecticut to benefit from D.A.’s stellar academics, extensive extracurricular program, and strong community. The girls come from diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Sr. Margaret Ormond, O.P., '60, President
Dr. Nicole Grimes, Principal
Vince Gaudio, Interim Administrator for Business and Finance
Jo Ann Fannon, '68, Registrar & Assistant to the Principal
Madeleine Metzler, '07, Director of Admissions
Br. James Simon, C.O., Director of Development
Katie Hennessy, '08, Associate Director of Development
Cindy Adlow, College Guidance
Sr. Margaret Ciccolella, O.P., Guidance
Tuition for 2017-2018: $17,300
Registration Fee: $200